1. *Q*: What exactly should I present for a teaching position at Jilin University?
*A*: You should present the following documents:
a. One copy of your passport;
b. A detailed CV including your photo, date of birth and work experiences;
c. Two recommendation letters including the reference's phone number and email;
d. One copy of your diploma;
e. One copy of your health certificate signed by any authorized hospital approved by a Chinese embassy in your country.
2. *Q*: What kind of housing do you provide? What should I bring other than items for personal use? Would I have to bring my own computer or would a computer be provided?
*A*: We provide a suite to each foreign teacher, including one bedroom, a kitchen, a bathroom, furniture, television, telephone, microwave, but no cooking utensils, the computer not included either.
3. *Q*: When would the position begin?
*A*: The position begins on March 1 of each spring semester and September 1 of each fall semester, depending on the availability of positions.
4. *Q*: How do I get the "Z" visa? Would your university provide help with the visa?
*A*: The International Office of Jilin University will issue an invitation letter upon your application being approved with which you can get the work permit at your local Chinese Embassy.
5. *Q*: What kind of intercampus transportation will be provided, bus or automobile?
*A*: We provide free school bus service between five campuses on a regular basis, the schedule will be available upon arrival.
6. *Q*: What skill level will my students have? I do not speak or understand Chinese?
*A*: students at Jilin University have pretty good English level, they are supposed to have little difficulty understanding native English speakers, so no Chinese is needed in class.
7. *Q*: How long is the contract, one, two or three years?
*A*: The contract duration varies from half a year, i.e. one semester to 1-2 years, contract extension is based on mutual agreement.
8. *Q*: Will I need to provide a physical exam?
*A*: Yes, you should do that and get a signed health certificate before entering China if your first contract will last for one year or longer, otherwise, no signed health certificate is required.
9. *Q*: how do I get a blank health certificate?
*A*: you can get it at any local Chinese embassy in your country. Please contact by phone or email for the detail.